Saturday, August 21, 2021

 February 29, 2020 - August 20, 2021 

The last wedding I attended was on February 29, 2020 in Washington State. My role was not as a wedding planner but as the step-mother to the groom. Dancing into the night, we were all blissfully unaware that it was to be our last dance for a while.

The wedding industry has been decimated for over a year now. There are signs of a slow resurrection but the rules are different.  Today for example, I received a call asking if I was able to be a COVID coordinator.  

Huge events with 100+ guests will be replaced by small intimate affairs. With a reduction in the guest list there will a myriad of opportunities that were not logistically feasible. That is the sweet spot. Weddings have the potential to be even more fun, more memorable, more unique. That is where my head is at. Busy thinking before doing.




No comments: