Monday, February 2, 2015

Unfrosted Wedding Cakes

The unfrosted (aka naked or nude) cake is on my radar as a natural complement to the rustic wedding theme. My favorite all time cake is German chocolate and I realized that this trend may have originated with it.
Being such a foodie, the main appeal is taste. I love cake and an appropriate amount of frosting is literally the "icing on the cake" But far too often, I find the frosting overwhelming. The overall flavor profile is butter and sugar. With an unfrosted cake the ratio of cake:frosting would naturally be better balanced.
Be aware - with a less then professional approach, for instance, uneven cake layers or sloppy icing will  result is an unfinished or homemade (and not in a good way) look.
A picture worthy cake will be executed with very symmetrical flat cake layers and an evenly frosted icing layer.
In my opinion, this style is especially flattering with chocolate cakes. And of course if an ombre style interests you then consider this trend - each layer will be visible.

Chocolate cakes really work well!
Gorgeous Ombre

Posted this cause it is my all time favorite cake since small kid time:) 


So many pretty cakes on this website -http://stardustcelebrations.blogspot.com/2014/04/trend-alert-naked-cakes.html 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks so yummy and i don't even have a sweet tooth!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chocolate cake really looks yummy and beautiful too. Hey what is Ombre? Can you tell me about that? I never heard about Ombre earlier and never tried it. I will use in menu next time when I will plan NY events.
. I am waiting for reply dear.